
The Caribbean disco show/Caribbean Magic by Lobo,
Mercury # M 76117 (1981) 45 rpm --/
Very good condition (has been played prior to listing to check quality of sound) – lot 25501 – bte 45trs num.
=======================================================
Biographyby Jason Ankeny
Best remembered for soft-rock perennials like "Me and You and a Dog Named Boo" and "I'd Love You to Want Me," Lobo was the alias of singer/songwriter Roland Kent LaVoie, born July 31, 1943 in Tallahassee, FL. At 17 he joined the Rumors, whose ranks also included future luminaries like country-rock pioneer Gram Parsons, country-pop cut-up Jim Stafford, and noted drummer Jon Corneal. From there LaVoie attended the University of South Florida, joining the Sugar Beats and making his recorded debut on their 1964 single "What Am I Doing Here?" Although the group proved short-lived, it inaugurated a lengthy collaboration between LaVoie and bandmate Phil Gernhard, who would later produce all of Lobo's hits; together they also helmed the Jim Stafford favorites "Spiders & Snakes" and "Wildwood Weed."
=====================================================
Caribbean Magic Lyrics (Lobo)
Lobo - Caribbean Magic Lyrics
(Ebree/Goozewyn/B. Stom/Umbertios)
Judy drowned Judy drowned
Why-O-Judy drowned
Judy drowned Judy drowned
Why-O-Judy drowned
Angelina Angelina please bring down your concertina
And play a welcome for me
Cos I be coming home from sea
Angelina Angelina please bring down your concertina
And play a welcome for me
Cos I be coming home from sea
to order see www.abebooks.com or write to: gerardfortin@yahoo.com

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home